Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Tribute to my Girl....


As you all know I broke my ankle on June 17th...and we're still dealing with issues regarding the ankle, the blood clot and the fact that I can't get up and do much at all.
This entry is solely to THANK my loving wife. Valerie has been amazingly supportive throughout the past eight weeks. The girl has had to cook, clean, do the laundry, keep the kids schedules, walk the dogs all the time alone, giving me shots in the stomach twice a day and...deal with ME*which we all know can be difficult at time to say the least. I appreciate Valerie for all she does for the kids and I.
We laughed when it first happened because people would say "oh my gosh, if anything this will "test" your marriage!" Well...here we are eight weeks later and every night she still takes care of me. That's not to say it's been all peachy everyday but for goodness sake she has been my trooper.
My Uncle John teased her the day we got married and said "ya know Valerie, this comes with a NRP!" Valerie and I looked at each other having no idea what he was talking about...so the explanation was "once you marry her there is a NO RETURN POLICY regarding Kealey". LOL Guess she took him seriously because of all the times she could have "returned" me now would be the time but she hasn't so...off we go to enjoy the rest of our lives. Broken ankle and all.

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly said, Thanks Valerie for taking care of our girl. And Kealy this is why you deserve this care! You are so thoughtful and appreciative. Get well quickly

    ReplyDelete